- A few hours after receiving your tattoo, wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and antibacterial soap, such as Dial Gold. Remove plastic wrap from your tattoo. Wash your tattoo with with luke-warm water and Dial Gold. It is important to wash the tattoo gently, but be sure to remove all ointment, blood, and any other residue.
- After washing, let your tattoo air dry for 10-20 minutes. Wash your tattoo 3-5 times per day. DO NOT re-bandage. The following day, wash your tattoo with warm water and Dial soap and allow to air dry. Once the tattoo is dry, you should begin applying a FRAGRANCE-FREE lotion, such as Lubriderm. Continue washing your new tattoo 3-5 times per day, and apply the fragrance-free lotion after washing and whenever your tattoo feels too dry for the next 3 weeks.
-DO NOT pick or scratch at any peeling or scabs that develop.
- Avoid submerging your new tattoo under water. Completely avoid swimming for the next 2 weeks. This means absolutely no oceans, lakes, pools, jacuzzi, or bathtub. Showers are okay...and encouraged. :)
- Avoid the sun! Getting a sunburn on your new tattoo can cause some serious problems.
- Infections during the tattoo healing process are not common, but lets face it, with so many invisible bacteria floating around out there, risk of infection is always possible. Some warning signs of a possible tattoo infection include: a red haze surrounding the tattoo after its already past a week or more of the healing process, which also could be accompanied by a white haze over sections of the tattoo, indentation of the tattoo, extreme scabbing which may turn green or yellowish, a bad smell, or puss. You should take extreme action and contact your tattoo artist so they can confirm whether or not your tattoo is indeed infected. The best way to deal with an infection is by calling your physician.
Thank you for choosing Timeless Art. It was our pleasure working with you, and we hope that your tattoo experience was enjoyable. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon for your next work of art!